Working Title Director - Alumni Relations
Eastern Washington University is currently recruiting for the position of Director of Alumni Relations. This position provides leadership for Alumni Relations and is responsible for connecting with Eastern Washington University's more than 100,000 alumni and engaging them with the University.
The Director shall oversee the overall administration of the Office of Alumni Relations including strategic planning, program development and fiscal and operational management of the department. In addition, the Director works closely with the Eastern Washington University Alumni Association (EWUAA) board of directors to support alumni engagement activities. The position is a key member of the University Advancement leadership team and reports to the Vice President of University Advancement.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
Must own and/or have access to an automobile; must maintain a valid driver license.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at [email protected]Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations or related field.
- Minimum of 7years of experience in engagement work, such as alumni relations, donor relations, public relations or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience.
- Proven track record in strategizing, building and managing constituency programs and activities.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership.
- Experience managing communications, marketing and public relations programs.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to manage and inspire employees for maximum performance.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- Experience on or working with a 501©3 board of directors.
- Proficiency in utilizing MS Office Products, relational databases, and general office technologies
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity
- Master's degree.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in utilizing social networking/engagement tools in a work setting.
- Experience working with iModules or other alumni database/content management system.
- Preference given to graduates of Eastern Washington University
Other Skills and Abilities:
Sophisticated interpersonal skills, excellent listening and oral communications.
High professionals and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
Must be able to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed for events and engagement.