Exec Asst-Univ Advancement
Working Title Exec Assistant - University Advancement
Eastern Washington University seeks a highly qualified professional to serve as Executive Assistant to the Vice President of University Advancement/Executive Director of the EWU Foundation. Some of the position's key responsibilities include:
Provide administrative support for the Vice President. Proactively support the division's initiatives and goals while working with the Vice President's team to ensure consistent, effective operation and collaboration as well as a welcoming environment for visitors and a division culture of positive mutual support.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at email@example.com.Required Qualifications:
- A postsecondary degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five years' professional experience working as an assistant to a senior-level executive.
- Excellent writing skills as well as interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational experience, including coordinating events, travel arrangements, and meetings. Able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly and with strong attention to detail
- Ability to actively think ahead, anticipate upcoming needs, and propose solutions; strong judgement.
- Able to work independently and as part of team.
- Able to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and calendaring tools; able to update and manage the office website and use social networking tools as needed.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Baccalaureate degree.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience working as a professional assistant to a professional Board.
Other Skills and Abilities: