Computer Information Technology Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Computer Information Technology Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Department: Computer & Info Technology
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 26, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. These are regular full-time tenure-track instructor-level 10 month positions with benefits. These positions are located at Allegheny and North Campus.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2448, 2527
Job Open Date: 3/9/2018
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Requirements: Master's degree in computer science, information science or computer information systems (or a master's degree in a related discipline and comparable combination of course work and relevant professional experience). Ability to communicate concepts at an introductory/intermediate level such as productivity applications, programming, operating systems, data analytics, networking, cybersecurity, forensics and/or Web development.
Teaching cybersecurity courses (e.g. CIT-280, CIT-281, CIT-282, and CIT-285) requires cybersecurity experience. Teaching data analytics courses (e.g. DAT-102, DAT-201, DAT-202 and DAT-203, and DAT-281) will require data analytics experience. For courses taught in data analytics, cybersecurity, and/or forensics, preference will be given to applicants with strong competencies in those areas.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
- The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
- Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
- Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
- Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
- Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
- Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
- Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
- Maintain five office hours each week.
- Support the college's goals.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=139