Educational Media Specialist
Department: Center for Online Education
Reports To: Instructional Design Specialist
Position Summary: This is a part-time position that will assist with course development, and video production, producing media resources for online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced teaching environments.
- Work collaboratively with faculty to develop online media course content in collaboration with the Center for Online Education
- Plan, develop, and teach faculty, staff, on the effective use of web-based resources and tools and multimedia technologies to implement in online delivery.
- Work with tools for teaching, including emerging technologies and online learning tools.
- Integrate media and technology into online and hybrid courses and assist faculty with capturing and editing lectures in Echo 360.
- Manage and maintain a small media room, including but not limited to, assisting faculty with videos and recordings using a green screen, recording clips, ordering supplies, setting up and maintaining equipment and space.
- Produce closed captioning, text transcripts, in compliance with accessibility policies.
- Work with authoring tools, including but not limited to Camtasia and Articulate Storyline.
- Bachelor's degree with relevant coursework.
- Experience with one or more learning management systems, Office 365, and graphic design software.
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Presentation and written communication skills in a diverse higher education environment.
- Ability to plan and execute the creation of multimedia content.
- Experience in developing tutorials, simulations and game-based learning resources a plus.
- Knowledge of Mac and Windows environments.
- Knowledge of digital media production, delivery, technologies, principles, concepts and
- Experience with relevant technology resources including hardware (e.g., Apple, PC, digital cameras/recorders) and software
- Experience with online conferencing tools.
- Possess a clear understanding and personal commitment to North Park University’s mission of Christian higher education.
Effective Date: 2018
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.