Bookstore Clerk II
American River College
Bookstore Clerk II
Job Posting Number: C00549P
Salary: $2,943.61 per month
Closing Date: 4/4/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6566
The journey level class of the series. Under general supervision oversees the front or selling area of the store, directing as necessary students and clerks; assumes responsibility for setting up all registers, permanent and temporary, on a daily basis; maintains the change fund and supplies needed for operating same; reads out registers and change tapes; performs other related duties. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Bookstore.
• Meets the public and answers inquiries about routine procedures and policies.
• Operates cash register.
• Operates standard office machines.
• Approves checks, makes refunds, and adjustments.
• Reads and resets cash register at the end of the day/shift, counting money received, balancing total, and preparing reports.
• Oversees the work of student help.
• Assists in handling special orders for books and charges for students receiving aid for Veterans, Vocational, Rehabilitation and county welfare funds.
• Assists in the process of purchasing used books.
• Assembles information from various sources and types a variety of forms such as purchase orders and debit memorandums.
• Assists in receiving and pricing store merchandise
• Maintains stock levels of routine merchandise.
• Files complete purchase orders, daily reports, letters, and other documents.
• Records and maintains inventory stock control records of paperback books and other store merchandise.
• Assists in attractively displaying store merchandise.
• Performs related duties as required.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of general sales and merchandising experience. Demonstrated leadership skills desirable.
Promotional: One year of experience in the Los Rios CCD performing clerical duties at the level of a Bookstore Clerk I.
(Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.