Applications and Infrastructure - WEB DEVELOPER
Vacancy ID S2231 Job Title WEB DEVELOPER Working Title Department Applications and Infrastructure School/Parent Organization Information Technology Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Temporary Anticipated start date 01/30/2018 If temporary, expected end date 01/30/2021 Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 a.m. Normal End Time 5:00 p.m. Position/Job Summary
Three year temporary position to develop and maintain web applications and services to support the College's web sites. Assist with testing, debugging, upgrades and patches of web applications. Adhere to established standards related to web application development.
1. Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects associated with the web application development environment along with standards and general systems development procedures.
2. Write, test, and maintain web applications, primarily based on the Drupal content management system but also custom web applications; adhere to department standards regarding documentation, coding techniques, and security.
3. Develop and deploy application releases based on requirements developed by the product owner and technical lead.
4. Assist with maintaining the deployment environment, including web hosting, continuous integration, and version control systems.
5. Participate in the analysis of business processes and help to define the most logical toolset to facilitate determined business needs.
6. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
7. Remain fluent in website development practices, with a focus on Drupal back-end development.
8. Ensure web application security to protect against unauthorized access and establish systems to prevent malicious injections.
9. Write documentation related to development work.
10. Assist with testing, debugging, upgrades and patches of web application software as appropriate.
11. Work with the product owner, technical lead, and quality assurance lead to perform functional validation and other testing.
11. Assist with troubleshooting code and identify resolution of program errors or bugs.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $65,000 - $70,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).