Trinity Technology Services
The IT Analyst for East Campus/Smith Warehouse User Support provides direct, first-level support for all aspects of computing (installation of hardware and software, diagnosis, repair, and user support). He/she is expected to work with fellow TTS staff members, as well as other Duke Technology support staff, to provide IT support for multiple Trinity College of Arts & Sciences departments. The Analyst, IT for East Campus/Smith Warehouse User Support is a member of the Trinity College of Arts & Office of Technology Services (TTS) and reports to the Manager, IT for East Campus/Smith Warehouse User Support.
- User Support Services - Provide end user support for faculty, staff and students in Trinity College of Arts & Sciences. Maintain familiarity with supported user community and managed equipment to provide excellent proactive, just in time and customized support.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware, software, and network connectivity for departmental and lab computing equipment. Install and maintain printers, scanners, and other peripherals.
- Coordinate access to file storage solutions (either local, centrally-provided or cloud based) for use by supported end users.
- Provide first-level troubleshooting of hardware, software and network problems
- Maintain an inventory database and accurate records of maintenance and repairs done on individual computers and special-purpose hardware devices.
- Provide training and/or printed and online documentation for procedures and policies.
- Provide periodic support for audio-visual enabled teaching and meeting spaces. Support may include technical assistance, hardware support and training for use of AV supported services (projection, teleconferencing, and videoconferencing).
- Maintain Trinity College of Arts & Sciences authentication and authorization systems necessary to allow access to departmental resources
- Assist in the creation of budgets and long range planning to meet departmental and programmatic IT needs, including custom technologies for Mac, PC, and Linux OS as needed.
- Oversee the use of departmental and lab computing funds to provide for departmental and lab IT needs and the development of departmental and lab IT infrastructure.
- Coordinate with faculty PIs to determine strategies for purchasing, renewal, and support within separate areas, and suggest ideas for collaborative purchasing and maintenance when possible.
- Act as a liaison to colleagues in TTS, OIT, CIT, and other campus IT groups
- Consult with other staff members in Trinity Technology Services to stay informed on current and emerging technology projects and opportunities for collaboration and resource sharing.
- Maintain current awareness of trends and issues relative to information technology and supported systems
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
BA/BS in a computer related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
One to two years' experience in first or second level desktop computer support
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and unpack, shelve and shift desktop computers and peripherals
- Must be able to work in an environment in which exposure to materials containing dust and mold is possible
- Frequent bending, crouching, stooping
- Normal office environment
- May require occasional evenings and weekends to facilitate major project completion
2423 ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.