Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Position #1473 - Requisition 12944
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Human Resources Office has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
This position serves on the Talent Acquisition and Compensation team in the campus HR office and may be located at the downtown or Anschutz Medical Campus. Our department provides customer-focused human resources solutions by partnering with our faculty and staff to advance the University's mission, vision and values.
This position determines and implements strategies for talent acquisition, job evaluation, and retention of University Staff and Classified staff; ensures compliance with FLSA and State personnel laws, rules, regulations, procedures, and guidelines; and communicates, internally and externally, about human resource practices and specific actions. This position reports to the Director of Talent Acquisition and Compensation.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Responsible for HR Recruitment Services where Consultant handles the entire recruitment and sourcing process after discussing needs with hiring authority. Refers most qualified candidates to hiring authority. Builds a pool of qualified candidates in preparation for future recruitment needs.
- Serves as an active member of university staff searches and advises and consults on effective recruitment and selection techniques.
- Develops training presentations.
- Approves entries in human resources information system (HCM), ensuring that data entered is correct and appropriate according to state, university and departmental rules and procedures.
- Evaluates, interprets and analyzes technical and historical information, State Personnel rules and procedures, and university policies.
- Fills classified positions by writing job announcements, screening applications, performing job analyses, selecting/developing and scoring comparative analysis assessment devices, and working with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts).
- Decides which type of announcement, recruiting method and comparative analysis process is appropriate for specific openings. Develops comparative analysis in compliance with professional standards and State personnel rules.
- Determines the proper classification and FLSA designation of classified staff positions and university staff positions.
- Identifies appropriate exemption reason for university staff positions based on State statute.
- Advises and consults with Business Partners and management to assist them in resolving issues and/or problems as related to recruitment, classification, compensation, and the interpretation and application of University policies and State Personnel Rules and Procedures.
- Identifies issues and initiates contact with appropriate management to provide proactive and preventive solutions to these or other personnel issues.
- And special assignments and various projects as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $55,000 to $66,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
A bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience in full-cycle recruitment and experience utilizing web-based HRMS and applicant tracking systems.
Substitution: Technical or professional human resources experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree requirement but not for the two years of professional experience.
- 5 years of professional level experience in full-cycle recruitment with strong sourcing experience.
- Experience with job evaluation and/or compensation.
- Experience working with Taleo ATS, sourcing on LinkedIn, and/or utilizing PeopleSoft HRMS or a similar system.
- Certification in selection or job evaluation from the State of Colorado or other professional certification (PHR, SPHR, IPMA, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to actively listen and share relevant information, anticipate problems, establish and maintain effective working relationships, and work effectively with internal and external constituents to satisfy service expectations.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have experience that demonstrates problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interest and desire for a career in the human resources field.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sheri Kalina Jungman at Sheri.KalinaJu[email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. We are committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by March 30, 2018. Those who do not apply by March 30th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60043 - ADM-AVCHR Administration
Posting Date: Mar 15, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00001473