Director of Marketing
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Director of Marketing
Position # 744445 - Requisition # 12877
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Office of the Chancellor is seeking applications for the Director of Marketing for the Anschutz Medical Campus. This full-time University Staff position will be responsible for building the Anschutz Medical Campus marketing brand and will develop overall branding and marketing strategies to include constituencies such as patients, potential donors, recruiting prospects (faculty and students) legislative, governmental and community leadership.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff.
The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Reporting to the Chancellor of CU Anschutz Medical Campus and working closely with The University Institutions, the Director of Marketing is the primary strategist for developing, articulating, and messaging the CU Anschutz Medical Campus brand and is responsible for creating and managing a comprehensive integrated communications plan - across various print, digital, and social media - that highlights and promotes the strengths and uniqueness of the CU Anschutz Medical Campus, to its various internal and external audiences. The branding and marketing effort will be local as well as global.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Articulates a cohesive, engaging, and energetic brand for the CU Anschutz Medical Campus, which-digitally, aesthetically, and editorially- conveys the strength and vitality of our institution and its faculty, students, alumni and employees.
- Works with key CU Anschutz Medical Campus stakeholders, to develop a wide range of materials and tools that support their specialized goals while at the same time presenting a consistent message about the campus.
- Responsible for the achievement of the marketing and communications mission, goals and financial objectives. Will ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and will report progress to the Chancellor and Leadership.
- Lead and oversee social media marketing campaigns and day to day activities including develop related content topics to cover broad spectrum of marketing objectives.
- Design and implement overall marketing and social media brand for CU Anschutz Medical campus.
- Oversees external public and media relations programs. Develops story pitches that position the CU Anschutz Medical Campus in the community and world-wide.
- Oversees marketing budget.
- Create and implement creative marketing concepts.
- Strengthen existing marketing brands across the campus to incorporate with overall marketing brand of CU Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Coordinates communication with internal audiences, including providing support to the Chancellor in developing remarks and presentations to key stakeholders (both internal and external), developing a strategic communications plan for the Chancellor to communicate with faculty, students, and staff, and streamlining the marketing of internal events.
- Coordinates and leads communications strategy across CU Anschutz Medical Campus' administrative units, research centers, student groups, and other internal units.
- Maintains proactive relationship with University of Colorado's Public Relations staff and coordinates shared projects.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience in marketing, communications and branding with demonstrated experience including any of the following
- developing and managing brand strategies
- developing and implementing marketing, communications, advertising social media and public relations strategies and initiatives
- monitoring financial results of marketing programs
- developing and implementing revenue generating marketing strategies
- developing and maintaining community relations
- 5 years of managing large and complex marketing and banding projects with multiple stakeholders
- 2 years of work experience as a social media manager or similar experience
- 2 years of experience working with strategic SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Experience in creating communication plans, strategy documents, talking points and issues primers for key leaders and messengers
- Experience working with online marketing channels
- 10 years of marketing experience
- 5 years of marketing experience in health related field
- 5 years of experience in social media marketing
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills
- Excellent written skills
- Superior communications, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage, and motivate staff, and lead in a team environment
- Knowledge of current technology and application of ever-changing digital and social media communications strategies.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but full consideration will be given to complete applications by 3/20/18. Those who do not apply by 3/20/18 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60001 - ADM-CHAN Administration
Posting Date: Mar 15, 2018
Closing Date: Mar 21, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Marci Grant
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00744445