Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Division of General Internal Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine is seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) Professional Research Assistant (PRA). The main emphasis of this position will be working in the research areas of exercise, vascular medicine and diabetes; interventions within the AcTIVE Research Lab are physiological, pharmacological, and/or behavioral in nature. The PRA will recruit and enroll study subjects, assist in exercise and vascular testing, perform data collection and computer data entry, and keep all records and data in accordance with the specific and particular protocol of each individual study. Strong knowledge of exercise physiology and experience in clinical trials is preferred.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting the investigators with study development activities, such as conducting literature searches in PubMed, grant writing, and co-developing protocols and Human Subjects Review applications
- Enrolling and collecting data from study subjects (patients, families or health care providers), including obtaining informed consent, and conducting research assessments that range from assessments of maximal oxygen utilization (VO2max) and vascular physiology to survey assessments.
- Creating and maintaining study databases (Access and Excel) containing protected health information
- Assisting the investigators with abstract development and submission, PowerPoint presentations, manuscript development and journal submission, as needed
- Exercise testing experience: VO2 max testing on treadmill and cycle ergometer
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
BA/BS required (Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Human Performance, Athletic Training, or related fields)
Experience with exercise testing required
Experience in clinical trials and phlebotomy skills
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Desire to work in behavioral interventions
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12941
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20209 - SOM-MED-GIM
Posting Date: Mar 15, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ian Leavitt
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00744430