Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a Project Research Assistant (part-time, University Staff/non-classified) within the Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS) Adult Outpatient Program, with clinic locations in Denver, Aurora and Arvada. The ARTS Adult Outpatient Program is within the School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry. ARTS Adult Outpatient clinics provide drug and alcohol assessment, psychosocial and pharmacological treatment for adults. Programs in various clinic locations include traditional outpatient, intensive outpatient and may contain specialty services for clients referred by the criminal justice system, county departments of human services, and services for pregnant women, individuals who are HIV positive and gender responsive services.
The Project Research Assistant (PRA) is responsible for assisting the ARTS-AOP management team collect, measure, analyze, summarize, and report data from various research projects and other tasks as directed by the supervisor.
- Manages planning, reporting and programing for criminal justice programs.
- Alters the treatment schedule, as needed, to effectively meet criminal justice population needs.
- Reviews budget expenditures and submits reports to the Adult Outpatient Program Director, or other AOP staff as directed.
- Monitors criminal justice referrals and vouchers.
This position has no supervisory role.
The Project Research Assistant is responsible for assisting the ARTS-AOP management team collect, measure, analyze, summarize, and report data from various research projects. The PRA will report to the Director of the Adult Outpatient Program.
In addition, the PRA is responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Administer GPRA project to program participants.
- Prepare resources, data, equipment, and other materials necessary to conduct activities relevant to the research activities.
- Accurately measure, track, document, and/or report data gained from research activities.
- Interpret, synthesize, analyze data as needed.
- Schedule, organize, conduct, and report on status of research activities.
- Actively maintain communication with supervisor or other AOP management team members regarding research activities.
- Make recommendations to supervisor regarding improvements and refinements for research techniques, procedures, tests, equipment, software, protocols, etc.
- Provide status updates on a regular and consistent basis during research project activities, or as directed by the supervisor.
- Prepare data, figures and tables for publication, grant funding applications, or other uses as directed by the supervisor.
- Provide formal assessments, reports, or other output at the conclusion of the research project activities, or as directed by the supervisor.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Maintains accurate records and notes as required by policy.
- Produces and submits data analysis, summaries and reports as directed by supervisor.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
• Graduated with a Bachelor's degree in biology or healthcare-related field, statistics, accounting, or a field that is closely related to research activities.
• One year of experience performing research activities in a health-related field, laboratory, clinical setting.
• Professional work experience that provided the same kind and level of knowledge acquired in the required education may substitute for the associate's degree on a year-for-year equivalent basis.
• Graduation with a Master's degree in in biology or healthcare-related field, statistics, accounting, or a field that is closely related to research activities.
• Proficiency with statistical analysis, graphing, charting and reference software or applications
• Experience working with data reporting applications
• Experience working in a clinical, laboratory and/or other health-related setting.
• Experience in research protocol development and optimization.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must agree to fingerprinting, criminal background check and a CRCP child registry check.
• Subject to pre-employment, post-accident, post-incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
• Must possess and maintain a valid State of Colorado Driver's License.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12920
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Mar 15, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Shingo Ishida
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00628697