ERP System Analyst II
ERP System Analyst II
ERP System Administrator II
IT Shared Services - 925000
Is this an internal posting only?
IT Shared Services (ITSS) is part of the Finance Division of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a ERP Systems Administrator II/ERP Systems Analyst II to join our team. The ERP Systems Administrator II/ERP Systems Analyst II performs moderately complex Journey-level) ERP client/server enterprise systems administrator work. Work involves analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems. May train others. Works under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide 2nd_tier customer support for supported systems by communicating with customers, troubleshooting, resolving and documenting issues and solutions.
* Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
* Coordinate installation, configuration or update of software systems.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software systems.
* Create and follow procedural documentation in support of the installation and maintenance of Software Systems.
* Develop scripts or programs to automate routine tasks or solve problems.
* Communicate and coordinate maintenance of software systems with other technical teams.
* Monitor system health and performance and take action to resolve issues.
* Work with Vendor support staff to ensure software systems are available and compliant with licensing.
* Analyze, develop and/or recommend strategies for the integrations of software systems.
* May occasionally assist Team Lead in the daily activities of the team by doing supervisory and project management work as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree with coursework in computing or information systems and four years of progressively responsible computer programming and analysis experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Extensive knowledge of the methods and equipment used in electronic data processing, including system analysis and design, and computer programming techniques.
* Strong skill in writing programs for computer applications.
* Strong skill in analyzing and solving complex data processing and computing problems.
* Ability to coordinate a work team and train lower level programmers and analysts for specific tasks or assignments.
* Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge of safe working procedures related to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experienced and knowledgeable in providing services for the following areas of SAS System Administration and technical/functional end-user support.
* Installation, maintenance, upgrade of SAS products (VA/VS, LASR, Middleware, Data Integration Studio, BDN, DataFlux, Enterprise Guide)
* Security, Performance, Monitoring/Alerting, Reporting (SAF)
* Liaison to partners and customers in Data Warehousing program for optimal usage and positioning of functionality for SAS products
* Performing knowledge-transfer and training around SAS products
* Supports development of business processes in SAS products (i.e. ETL jobs in DIS)
* Provides data science services in interactive, predictive analytical modelling (i.e. VS)
* Provides support for development of SAS dashboards/reports/analytics from a technical perspective
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting