Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (S224)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (SBIA) is a core team member of the Business Intelligence team. This position will focus on developing reports and dashboards, providing technical support for the Enterprise Data Warehouse, and will contribute to the design of Dimensional Data Models and ETL (Extract Transform Load) in support of the Business Intelligence program. The SBIA is a highly interactive role requiring a combination of technical skill, communication, and innovation in order to successfully deliver Business Intelligence solutions to the University .
The SBIA is responsible for maintaining an awareness of the organizations needs for Business Intelligence and works closely with the functional areas to gather requirements and translate the requirements into effective and actionable BI solutions. These solutions may include new or modified reports, dashboards, or the creation of additional data models within the Enterprise Data Warehouse as well as maintenance and creation of ETL jobs.
The SBIA role will require highly developed problem solving skills, programing knowledge and the ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements. The individual in the position needs to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, complexity, and technical problems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required. Preferred majors include Business Administration, Business Systems, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or similar.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience with BI tools, report development and dashboard design and development, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Understanding and working experience with the star schema data model design methodology.
- Ability to analyze requirements and transform them from a business question/requirement form to actionable solutions.
- Ability to develop working specifications from vague and often changing requirements.
- Experience working with enterprise reporting tools.
- Advanced SQL experience in an Oracle Server environment preferred.
- Familiar with programming languages Java, Python, VBscript etc.
- Knowledge of IT systems in general and experience troubleshooting basic client and network issues.
- Ability to interpret a complex variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to clearly articulate and explain business processes and concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, and ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
Grade 16: $40.96 - $53.25 hourly
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.