Systems Administrator - IMT Engineering (S419)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
You will be a part of the IMT Engineering team, an agile development and operations unit responsible for the lifecycle development and support of core technology infrastructure and integration middleware for the University. You will be part of cross-functional teams bringing automation to systems supporting operations.
You will be responsible for performing systems administration for servers and storage systems making use of automated methods for scaling operations. With the team, you maintain reliability and availability of critical enterprise services, and respond with timely support. You should be a self-starter, problem solver, systems-thinker, and have an ever-growing expertise in topics such as: large installation server administration, systems design, server operating systems, containerization, virtualization, high availability design, storage platforms, cloud platforms, applications administration, scripting and automation, config management, logging and monitoring, identity and access management / directory services, and networking in a highly available cloud-native mission critical environment.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, related degree, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- RHCSA Certification and/or MCSE desired
- 3-5 years of Systems Administration
- Experience in the disciplines listed in the summary above, and the skills below in a team-based environment
- Administer Linux and Windows system hosts and clusters in a virtual environment and containerized increasingly cloud-native environment.
- Build and deploy servers (physical, virtual, and cloud), as needed.
- Work in the Compute platform team, inclusive of compute, storage, database, identity & directory, and internal platform services (config management, logging & monitoring, deployment management).
- Provide 2nd level support for incident resolution, service requests, problem management working with the internal Account Services team who provides first level operations support facilitation.
- Conduct routine server software maintenance, patching, and performance tuning to ensure optimal performance and availability.
- Maintain and monitor enterprise backups, recovery and disaster recovery solutions.
- Perform benchmarking, tuning, capacity planning for systems and applications.
- Deploy, manage, and troubleshoot common application stacks (e.g. App, Web, Database).
- Maintain SAN/NAS based storage to virtual and physical infrastructure. And maintain storage replication and snapshots.
- Maintain enterprise and systems directories (OpenLDAP, Active Directory) for both client/server systems management and authentication, authorization, group, and attribute services.
- Coordinate and communicate scheduled maintenance and deployments affecting services, with internal and external stakeholders, according to change and release management.
- Respond quickly to service disruptions according to on-call schedule, updating according to protocol, and documenting the event, participating in positive post-mortems, and determining root cause, and resultant service improvements.
- As part of the team, maintain configuration scripts/playbooks/images for rapid deployment of systems.
- Work with infrastructure teams, application teams, and service providers to ensure solid designs and solutions to maintain secure and highly available systems.
- Understand and adhere to all applicable university policies and processes, and general SysAdmin code of ethics.
Grade 11: $28.53 - $37.09
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.