Director of Career Services & Alumni Relations
The Director of Career Services and Alumni Relations supports learning through a comprehensive career services program encompassing the following areas: employer development, career counseling, job search skills (resume and cover letter writing, interviewing skills, negotiation skills, etc.), graduate school counseling and information, internship assistance, and other areas related to career success. These services are provided to current students and alumni.
This position is the primary contact for industry partners and prospective employers, and offers a consistent presence in the Career Center for current and potential Cogswell students and alumni seeking career guidance. The Director of Career Services and Alumni Relations is a pivotal and highly visible individual, working closely and collaboratively with faculty, staff, alumni, and parents to expand possibilities for student learning, leadership, and employment.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- In collaboration with Academics and Student Services, provides direction, programming, and goals that strategically integrate all aspects of career development, career exploration, internships, job placement and career planning.
- Provides one-on-one advising, workshops, and seminars about strategies for job search including self-assessment, exploration, decision making, job search skills and self-directed job search strategies for students and alumni.
- Maintains communication with Dean, Program Directors and other faculty to ensure that Career Services is meeting the needs of the students and academic departments.
- Works in collaboration with Program Directors, faculty and alumni to develop new leads for internships, job shadowing and full-time positions.
- Develops and maintains employer connections and serves as a contact for industry partners and prospective employers.
- Plans and implements events to facilitate student and alumni interactions with employers and industry professionals.
- Responsible for creation and development of alumni relations initiatives and outreach programs.
- Reviews and supervises the on-campus recruitment and interviewing processes as well as resume referral and job-listing services for current students as well as alumni.
- Monitors, analyzes and evaluates scope of services to remain consistent with best practices and ensure appropriate support for students and alumni.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field or combination of education and relevant experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in career planning and employment work, preferably in a centralized Career Services department at a College or University.
For a more complete description and requirements, please click the "apply" button.