Summer Conference Coordinators (FT, temporary)
Curry College invites applications for two (2) full-time, temporary Summer Conference Coordinators. The Summer Conference Coordinator position is a 40 hour per week position and the duration of the appointment is June 13, 2018 through August 10, 2018. This role reports to the Director of Conference Services.
The Summer Conference Coordinator is responsible for promoting a safe, supportive and welcoming environment to assist our visiting summer programs and providing professional guidance for seven Conference Center Assistants. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Become familiar with the summer programs on campus and assisting each with site management to ensure a successful summer experience.
- Provide training and team building to Conference Center Assistants prior to the start of summer conferencing.
- Supervise seven student Conference Center Assistants and provide ongoing support as needed.
- Open and close residence halls at the start and end of each program.
- Oversee the management of keys for the summer conference clients.
- Interpreting and enforcing college policies concerning the physical facilities on campus.
- Oversee the physical maintenance of the residence area and reporting any maintenance needs as required.
- Establish a schedule for office hours and lockout rotations for the Conference Assistants.
- Serve on a rotational duty schedule.
- Assist the Director of Conference Services with administrative tasks such as posting of notices and scheduling linen services as well as serving as the Conference Services representative when the Director is not on campus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Prior experience in Conferencing or Residential Life in a College setting is required.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and remain productive amidst multiple interruptions.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to serve in the on-duty rotation as scheduled.
- Prior experience as a student worker in a Residence Life, Student Activities, Student Center, and/or Student Affairs is preferred.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.