Accounts Payable Manager
Accounts Payable Manager
Department: Business & Finance
Posting Number: 201301302P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work is primarily performed during standard business hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00PM, Monday - Friday. Meeting critical deadlines may require work performed during non-routine business hours. Some travel to other campuses and training required at times.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 03/14/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under limited direction, is responsible for providing oversight of University-wide Accounts Payable operations and long term planning in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (FASB) and all statutory regulations. Provides for audit and tax preparation work as needed by the Controller's Office. Responsible for supervising accounts payable unit and providing staff development opportunities.
1. Ensures timely and accurate processing, distribution, and accounting for the University’s cash distribution through the use of the University’s Accounts Payable system while complying with university policies, federal, state and local regulations and best practices.
2. Oversees the maintenance of the accounts payable internal control structure and assists with design and updates as necessary. Develops and monitors accounts payable performance measure data. Designs and manages controls to identify irregularities, researches irregularities and reports to management. Responds to new requirements in accordance with the Office of Internal Audit and external audit recommendations.
3. Provides long term planning for the entire university accounts payable operations including development of detailed plans based on current industry best practices for submission to the Controller’s Office management team.
4. Remains current with changes in state and federal regulations, adjusts procedures accordingly, and proposes modifications to existing policies and procedures for accounts payable, including detailed desk manuals.
5. Coordinates university-wide accounts payable processing and three-campus support of all accounts payable functions. Oversees that other departments and schools comply with Business Policies and Procedures manual.
6. Ensures unit remains current on technology, the implementation, use, and updating of systems, the use of generally accepted office and industry programs and web maintenance.
7. Serves as a resource to the university community and assists with university-wide training and support for accounts payable matters. Develops and conducts university training sessions related to accounts payable compliance. Cross trains with other accounts payable personnel on all day-to-day functions in order to provide back up support and guidance.
8. Completes special analyses and research projects as requested by Controller’s Office management team.
9. Responsible for unit communications to customer service inquiries from faculty, staff and students.
10. Oversees student intern performance and reviews work as appropriate.
11. Develops, tests and maintains accounts payable business continuity and disaster recovery plans in coordination with the Controller’s Office management team.
12. Provides input for developing department budget.
13. Provides broad oversight of unit staff, assesses staff performance and collaborates with Associate Controller in writing and delivering staff performance reviews.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent to occasional walking across campus, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds. Constant verbal and written communications.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work is primarily performed during standard business hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00PM, Monday -Friday. Meeting critical deadlines may require work performed during non-routine business hours. Some travel to other campuses and training required at times.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11640
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.