Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 5418 - FT - Classified SATSS (hourly)
Performs a variety of complex administrative tasks involving some discretion and requiring moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of a University administrative unit.
1) Monitors and reviews operations of unit; ensures smooth work flow; ensures work product meets professional standards.
2) Serves as informational resource to staff; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise.
3) Assists University staff, faculty, and students; answers inquiries and provides information.
4) Oversees staff; assists in the enforcement of policies and procedures; establishes schedules and reviews performance.
5) Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
6) May assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, or processing payments; may maintain inventory of supplies.
7) Direct administrative supervision of student employees.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of unit's operations, policies, and procedures; supervisory skills; knowledge of computer and office applications; research skills.
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.