HR Compensation Administrator
HR Compensation Administrator
Department: Business & Finance
Posting Number: 201301303P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Duties performed during standard business hours, additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Occasional travel off campus for meetings or workshops.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 03/14/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: For first consideration please apply before April 4, 2018.
As the Compensation Administrator, you will have the opportunity to learn about various HR Disciplines. This positions will have the opportunity to work with the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources, the Director of AA/EEO and the Benefits Team.
Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources the position serves as a strategic business partner facilitating the development, implementation and maintenance of the University's compensation programs and salary practices. It will serve in a leadership role for initiatives that cross three campuses.
1. Serves as part of the HR management team in developing and implementing policy, process, structure, and guidelines for salary administration.
2. Researches emerging compensation trends and recommends strategies to meet the challenges in maintaining the compensation philosophy of the University.
3. Monitors and analyzes the market competitiveness of the University’s staff compensation program.
4. Advices, counsels and provides support to University departments/units in compensation matters including creative solutions to compensation problems and issues.
5. Takes a lead role in annual salary planning process, reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices. Prepares reports, market data and other supporting analyses for the annual staff compensation proposal to the Vice President of Business and Finance.
6. Evaluates and identifies reputable sources of compensation data and manages compensation surveys participation.
7. Manages job evaluation, job description development process, benchmarking, market pricing, classification, salary adjustments, hiring range, and conducts compensation analysis to support compensation recommendations.
8. Applies knowledge of local, state, federal laws and employment trends that may affect compensation programs, practices, and policies.
9. Responsible for job structure management and integrity of compensation systems and data.
10. Mentors HR staff with compensation responsibilities, recommends standards for compensation data entry and other compensation aspects in HRIS to make efficient use of reporting and supports other human resources functional areas.
11. Serves as part of leadership team to create and cement positive relations between three campuses.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
•Professional certification in Human Resources.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extended periods of sitting, keying on computer with repetitive hand/wrist motion, and occasional phone use. Occasional to infrequent standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching above shoulders. May be requested to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed in typical office environment with the use of computer, phone and office equipment. Duties performed during standard business hours, additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Occasional travel off campus for meetings or workshops.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11642
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.