Operations Manager, Philadelphia
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology's Philadelphia campus offers Bachelor of Science degrees in Interactive Media, Computer & Information Sciences, Cyber Security Operations and Management & eBusiness, with concentrations in digital marketing and analytics. This new 38,000 square-foot location at 1500 Spring Garden Street, is located across from the Community College of Philadelphia.
This new facility quadruples the size of HU’s Philadelphia presence and will accommodate up to 500 students. This completely renovated space in Center City will provide students with an opportunity in science and technology education that doesn’t exist in Philadelphia.
For the past three years, HU has delivered courses to 1st-year students in a historic building on Independence Mall. Following their freshman year, these Philly-based students were required to transfer to main campus. Now they can complete all four years at the Philly campus.
HU also plans on offering new master’s degree programs in this space, which is shared with Hussian College.
Students in HU’s Philadelphia location have full access to Harrisburg University’s state-of-the-art educational tower in downtown Harrisburg.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is seeking an Operations Manager to act as the key point of contact for University’s Philadelphia location. The successful candidate will responsible for the overall management of space utilization, technology resources and logistics of the shared facility while increasing efficiency and ensuring the seamless operation of the location. Candidates who have experience in logistical and physical resources management are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated work experience in a similar role
- Five years of facilities and/or event management experience required; support within a college or university environment preferred
- A strong work ethic, creative problem-solving abilities, a high level of energy, flexibility and initiative
- Organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects concurrently with frequent interruptions
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues, students, and visitors
- An understanding of facilities management and general operating procedures within a university setting
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office computer systems, experience with scheduling databases and receptive to the use of new technology while also able to utilize web and social media platforms; knowledge of the Jenzabar EX student information system is a plus
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume/CV to Laurel Harris at [email protected].
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Its focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today's economy.
Starting in Fall 2018, Harrisburg University will offer degree programs at the newly established Philadelphia, PA location! The University will offer Bachelor of Science degrees in Interactive Media, Computer and Information Sciences, Cyber Security Operations & Management, , and Management & eBusiness at this location. Classes will be in the University’s new 38,000 square-foot site at 1500 Spring Garden Street, across the street from the Community College of Philadelphia.
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is an independent educational institution offering innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
Harrisburg University: At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, nonprofit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg
- Incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 250 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University's total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students: 5,300 as of Nov 1, 2017.
- Undergraduate Student Body: 49% female, 53% minority
- 98% of our students demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduating is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technology, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, Project Management & Healthcare Informatics
- PhD awarded in Data Science – first student cohort begin in Fall 2017.
- Trimester system
A 30-member, independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees led by an Executive Committee governs Harrisburg University. The Board of Trustees delegates authority for day-to-day operations to senior management.
Notes of Distinction:
- First private nonprofit science and technology-focused institution chartered in the Commonwealth since Carnegie Mellon University
- Educational framework is competency-based, applied and experiential
- The University is a Project Management Institute® registered education provider
- Home to the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies, Security Center of Excellence, Center for Environment, Energy, and Economy, The Government Technology Institute and The Geospatial Technology Center.
- Co-PI on NSF-funded ADVANCE grant focused on the recruitment, retention, and development of women academics in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines