Office Manager, Daniels Career Center
The Office Manager for Daniels Career Services is responsible for the administrative operations of the office, including providing advanced office management and administrative duties in support of DCS staff.
- Design, implement, and improve office policies and procedures
- Coordinate Exec Directors and Associate Dean/COOs schedules, including appointments and travel
- Support all DCS office staff by coordinating work-spaces, computers, telephones, etc.
- Order all supplies & handle office maintenance needs
- Take responsibility for physical office space in Suite 280 and Suite 235
- Manage budget and expenses for the two departmental organizational codes, including P-card and contract/reimbursement processing/approval
- Greet students and visitors to office
- Serve as general information resource for DCS for students, employers, and alumni
- Maintain multiple periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to carry out the functions of the department
- Plan, organize, and coordinate meetings and special events, including office celebrations (e.g., birthdays and team-building activities)
- Track student and employer participation at events, programs, and workshops
- Assist with flyers and emails for DCS events, programs, and workshops
- Assist with managing logistics for employer events (e.g., info sessions and interviews)
- Post internship and job opportunities on Pioneer Career
- Greet students and visitors to DCS Respond to student inquiries of DCS via email or voicemail
- Answer questions regarding DCS services offered
- Manage the DCS general email inbox and forward messages to the appropriate contact
- Maintain schedule of upcoming activities in DCS Schedule student/alumni career counseling appointments
- Manage calendar for Kring Conference Room Email students regarding upcoming events
- Recruit, schedule, train, and supervise student workers
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new systems and applications (e.g., Banner, 12Twenty, GradLeaders, and Canvas)
- Ability/experience working with individuals from diverse and under-represented populations
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Ability to prioritize and organize projects and tasks
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task Must possess a high level of professionalism
- Must be motivated by and passionate about providing high quality customer service to internal and external customers
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Experience in higher education
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Monday, March 26, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.