Albion College invites applications for the position of Costume Shop Supervisor is responsible for implementing costume design and supervising the daily operations of the Costume Shop. This position will build, alter, and fit costumes, in addition to supervising, training and mentoring students in costume construction. This position must demonstrate cultural competence and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This part-time position averages 20 hours per week, however hours may vary based on production needs; 9 months per year.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in Theatre (or related field) preferred.
- Experience in costume patterning and construction; tailoring of men’s and women’s clothing required
- Experience in costume management preferred
- Experience in costume technology preferred
- Superior sewing and fitting skills
- Supervisory and mentoring skills
Interested candidates should submit an online application including a cover letter, resume, digital portfolio/work sample, and names and contact information for three professional references to http://apply.interfolio.com/49626
Please contact Mr. Zach Fischer (email@example.com), Department Chair of Theatre, for questions about the position or search.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled.