Adjunct Faculty – Clinical Nursing
Engages students in the teaching/learning process and works assigned schedule.
B.S.N. - $41.50
M.S.N. - $45.50
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: • The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirement of the job change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans and teaches courses that fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives.
Remains current with subject matter and instructional methodology.
Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner.
Determines and submits students' grades in accordance with established College policies and procedures.
Supports the mission of the program, division, and College.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one, in small groups, and in classroom situations.
• Proficient in word-processing and presentation software, internet, and e-mail.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of students.
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline.
• Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Ability to work a combination of days/evening/weekend schedules.
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
• Completion of an approved professional nursing education program.
• Experience for at least two years in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse.
• A master's degree in Nursing is required.
• Current active licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio.