Cybersecurity Faculty Member
Job Title: Cybersecurity Faculty Member
Department: Academic Affairs
Pay Grade: Instructor Rank, 10-month Salary Scale
FLSA Status: Exempt
The position of CYBERSECURITY FACULTY MEMBER is available in the Academic Affairs Division beginning August 2018 – fall semester. This position is on a full time 10-month basis reporting to the Director of Cyber Technology.
This position is responsible for teaching Cybersecurity and CIS-related credit courses for the Cybersecurity degree, Computer Information Systems degree, and related credit certificate programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works closely with the Director of Cyber Technology and credit faculty to implement curriculum.
- Teaches credit courses each semester, as assigned. Administers appropriate related examinations, including final examination during final examination week.
- Advises students and assists with tracking progress toward goals.
- Remains abreast of technology, cybersecurity and related training trends and certification requirements for assigned training content areas.
- Works closely with Network and Technology Services to ensure effective computer lab operation and support.
- Attends divisional meetings, general faculty meetings and College-wide meetings as required.
- Coordinates adjunct faculty development.
- Collects and analyzes learning outcomes data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Associate degree plus four years of experience in a cybersecurity or information technology-related field, or Bachelor’s degree plus two years of related experience.
- Current industry related certification, such as CompTIA, Network+, Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate or Certified Ethical Hacker required.
- Prior college teaching experience preferred.
SALARY: Instructor rank on the 10-month Carroll Community College salary scale, where the minimum base salary range is $43,142, with actual salary placement based on credentials. Excellent benefit package.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All interested applicants must submit a cover letter including minimum salary required and resume to the Human Resources Department at Carroll Community College, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157 or e-mail to email@example.com. This position is open until filled. For best consideration, applicants should apply by April 13, 2018. In order to qualify for employment, candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR FACULTY APPLICANTS One-half of reasonable travel expenses is paid by the college for the first visit. The entire cost of travel for the second interview is paid by the college. The college does not pay for relocation expenses, nor does the college have tenure. However, following a one-year probationary period, year-to-year contracts are provided until three years of satisfactory service are completed, after which time 3-year contracts are provided.