Senior Payments Analyst - Shared Services
The Senior Payments Analyst performs professional duties related to the administration, analysis, and maintenance of university financial applications relating to vendor payments, student refund payments, employee reimbursements, and travel and expense payments. Focus is on control of system operations, timely service provided to internal/external constituents, customers and regulatory compliance.
- Generate, transmit, and reconcile all University system payments on a daily basis.
- Prepare year-end tax notices (1099, 1042) for students, staff, and vendor/suppliers and ensure timely distribution of all notices in accordance with IRS requirements.
- Prepare and test tax filing submissions to the IRS to ensure timely submission deadlines are met.
- Act as a liaison to internal customers in matters pertaining to financial payments.
- Manage vendor processes to ensure accuracy and compliance for maintenance of master list by linking to procurement group.
- Handle returned checks, voided transactions, special transactions and other anomalies.
- Provides assistance to various payments team members as directed by management.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of payment systems principles and practices and compliance with university policy.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service and compliance.
- Understanding and knowledge of business processes and systems.
- Understanding and appreciation for automation and the use of technology as an enabler of high quality services and performance levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of higher education culture, governance, structures and mission.
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Inclusiveness: Actively create and support an inclusive and equitable workplace by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics, and act in support of the university's best interest.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of job-related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field i.e. business administration, or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in a payments role.
- Experience in higher education working environment.
- Experience with Banner Finance.
- 1-3 years of customer service experience.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) on Thursday, March 22, 2018. Applications may be accepted and reviewed until position filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.