Academic Services Associate
The Academic Services Associate will provide administrative support to the Department Chair and departmental and student support for all TLS faculty and students. In addition to serving as the internal point of contact for all TLS requests, this position is also responsible for the collection, storage, and maintenance of important information including student files, program syllabi, and TLS course schedules. In conjunction with other MCE Academic Services Associates, this position helps to plan and coordinate various college-wide functions including orientation and graduation.
- Provide administrative support for TLS Department Chair including but not limited to scheduling department and program meetings; preparation and submission of documents or presentations for conferences; communicating information on behalf of Department Chair; and keeping Department Chair apprised of changes to DU policies/procedures that will impact MCE or TLS Department
- Serve as main internal point of contact for all TLS inquiries and requests from internal and external MCE and DU constituents
- Provide departmental support and student services including but not limited to quarterly faculty class scheduling; communicating information, requirements, and deadlines on quarterly academic processes in a timely manner; assisting with questions related to student status, academic progress, and student course registration; provide search committee support for TLS faculty searches; maintain TLS student and academic records; and manage program and TLS departmental list serve and email distribution lists
- Collaborate with other MCE Academic Services Associates to jointly organize college events and official functions
- Ensure important dates, deadlines, and correct information is communicated effectively through MCE website and Ruffatto hall digital signage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Post, hire, and oversee work study positions
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to assist faculty, students, and visitors in a positive and professional manner
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills to maintain operations and work in a fast-paced and deadline-focused environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to prioritize tasks, plan work within larger contexts of known program goals, make thoughtful decisions, and work independently
- Quality mathematical skills for understanding program budgets, facilitating purchasing functions, reviewing electronic timesheets, and creating Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proof reading ability desired
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years or administrative experience in an office environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Proficiency with office equipment including computers, printer, copier, fax machine, and multi-line telephone
- At least 2 years of administrative experience in a higher education setting
- Knowledge of Banner system and university policies and procedures
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm Friday March 23, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.