Director of Human Resources
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This individual will provide leadership and strategic vision in the planning, development and administration of comprehensive human resource operations for the college, including recruiting and staffing, benefits and compensation management, employee relations, worker’s compensation, employment management, HRIS, performance management, and records management. This position is also responsible for assuring the college remains in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, requirements of federal and state governing agencies, and University System of Georgia personnel policies and regulations. Additionally, this position works collaboratively across the college to develop and improve human resource programs and services for the benefit of staff, faculty, and students.
• Provides leadership and oversight for all functions of the Department of Human Resources and assures maximum efficiency in the institution’s day to day operation.
• Developing comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to maximize employee retention and productivity.
• Create, implement, and continually update an employee growth and career ascension program for applicable positions in an effort to establish and document opportunities for career growth and position elevation available to employees who excel in their day to day duties. This includes managing and communicating the guidelines of this program in a manner that creates positive employee morale and maximizes employee retention and productivity.
• Provide consultation to college administrators for Human Resources issues.
• Maintaining a customer-focused and college work environment.
• Counsels employees and supervisors regarding disciplinary issues, claims of discrimination, and harassment by providing information on policies, recommending a plan of action, and resolving misunderstandings.
• Ensures consistency in the application of personnel policies and regulations by advising senior administration about the applicable policies and regulations.
• Develops policies, practices, and procedures in alignment with state and federal employment laws, University System of Georgia policies and procedures, and college rules and regulations.
• Managing the compensation function, to include monitoring and scheduling pay actions, recommending, planning and implementing pay structures, and planning and administering wage/salary administration policies.
• Administering the Human Resources OneUSG Connect information system by enforcing system security and integrity of data.
Guidelines include federal and state employment laws, University System of Georgia policies and procedures, College and University Professional Association for Human Resources guidelines, and college policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application. This position develops department guidelines.
Starting Salary is $65,000.00
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of human resource management principles.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws related to employment and benefits.
• Knowledge of University System of Georgia policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of budget management principles.
• Skill in the supervision of personnel.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations.
• Skill in oral and written communication.