Business Officer - Shared Services
This position is a resource for multiple units to assist in completing the day-to-day activities associated with the following activities:
- Update monthly forecasts for units.
- Complete journal entries as necessary.
- Assist with budget development support HR transactions.
- Posting positions.
- Job Change Requests.
- Non-benefited backgrounds.
- Hiring workflows.
- Payment Services.
- Acts as the P-Card Coordinator.
- Process and submits payments for reimbursements Payroll.
- Resource for PioneerTime related issues.
- Resources for employees regarding payroll related issues Procurement.
- Contract submission and coordination Requisition and P.O. coordination.
- Understanding, implementing, and ensuring divisional compliance with all University policies and procedures. In accordance with these policies, developing and implementing divisional policies and procedures as needed.
- Preparing studies and analysis salaries, and expenses, and other areas.
- Processes employment actions, payroll, P-card packets, and deposits, purchasing requests, contract submissions and on-line submissions for units.
- Monitors all current-year activity including keeping detailed records of all of the financial commitments.
- Ensures accuracy of all payroll transactions.
- Manages operating, designated and other funds.
- Provides monthly reporting and updates to appropriate personnel with budgetary management responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- 2-3 years of experience working in financial environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Demonstrated organizational, budget and collaborative skills.
- Knowledge of university accounting systems.
- Related masters level degree, or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Experience working with state, federal and private grants and gifts.
- Advanced knowledge of Banner and Concur.
- In depth knowledge of federal and state accounting practices in relation to contract management.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.