Union Administration - 163110
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 3 pm - 12 am
The University Union is committed to the principles of good educational practice and utilizes its resources to provide and enhance services and programs to the UNT community that interface with academics. The Union serves as the community center of campus for students and their parents, faculty, staff, and the surrounding community. Our primary purpose is to provide needed services and programs that enhance student developmental needs for social, recreational, cultural, and educational co-curricular endeavors. We assist students to become good citizens of a global community prepared to function successfully in a diverse world.
The Union Administration Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Lead Custodian to join our team.
The University Union Lead Custodian position assists the Union Custodial Crew Leader and Assistant Director in the total custodial care of the University Union.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* The position works under general supervision after detailed instructions have been given by the Supervisor.
* Cleaning and maintaining offices, restrooms, public area furniture, floors, carpets, windows, and sweep and clean any and all stained surfaces.
* Disposal of trash to include the transfer of recycling materials.
* Maintaining the immediate outdoor perimeter spaces, walkways and general seating areas.
* Operating various types of cleaning equipment and following safety guidelines and procedures.
* Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, and may work in hot or cold temperatures.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess One year of general working experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to keep records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring).
* Sufficient knowledge of proper use of equipment.
* Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating equipment, and lifting of materials and equipment.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting