Assistant Director for Employer Relations
Logo Posting Number STA00335PO18 Classification Title Student Services Manager I Internal Title Assistant Director for Employer Relations Campus Columbia 01 College/Division Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support Department Career Center Band 6 Advertised Minimum Salary $39,960 Advertised Salary Range $39,960 - $50,000 Location of Vacancy Part/Full Time Full Time Hours per week 37.5 Work Schedule
The standard work schedule is 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. This position also includes occasional evening work and overnight travel.Type of Staff Position Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Basis 12 months Job Search Category Other Professional
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state's flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 "Best Colleges" according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state's educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.
Advertised Job Summary
Job Duties Include:
1) (20%) Maintain strong year-round relationship with active employers by connecting them with appropriate resources/services (job postings, on campus interviews, job fairs, etc.) to meet their recruiting needs. Provide information to employers about USC Career Center recruiting policies and services in accordance with relevant employment law. Assist employers with appropriately connecting to faculty and student organizations. Conduct quarterly outreach to key employers as a part of core employer maintenance initiative. Interact with employers participating in on-campus recruiting activities to ensure a positive experience during their visit. Ensure employer members of the Career Center's Partnership Program receive all benefits for their level of membership.
2) (20%) Provide ongoing supervision for a team of Employer Relationship Managers (ERMs) to include conducting routine supervision meetings and annual Employer Performance Management System (EPMS) planning stages and reviews. Identify appropriate sales-related, employer relations and University training and coordinate the delivery of training opportunities to develop ERMs in their role.
3) (20%) Conduct a routine gap analysis of the supply and demand ratios of students to current employers, as well as identify new prospect development needs. Lead a team of ERMs in the development of an annual office-wide target list of employer prospects across all industries.
Assist the ERMs as needed in serving as a talent acquisition consultant to human resources professionals and hiring managers by assisting employers in developing strategic action plans for campus recruiting. Conduct gap analyses of each employer's involvement to recommend a phased approach for deepening employer engagement level(s).
Provide strong business value based propositions for the employment and experiential education opportunities of USC students and alumni. Represent the University with external constituents, facilitate consultations, and develop employer relations leads through employer site visits and attendance at trade shows, industry forums/symposiums, and Chamber of Commerce events.
4) (10%) Assess and maintain ongoing knowledge of market conditions across a wide range of industries/academic liaison areas. Develop tailored sales presentations for employers based on pre-consultation knowledge acquisition of that organization's specific recruiting goals, along with information on the corresponding academic degree programs and curricula USC offers to meet that employer's needs.
5) (10%) Conduct routine benchmarking with peer institutions to identify best practices in employer development strategies, practices and programs. Survey campus constituents to conduct a needs assessment and identify employer prospects. Monitor and evaluate employer development activity, run database reports and provide ongoing and annual data for the Blue Print.
6 (5%) Oversee the planning and implementation of employer relations project(s) such as the Employer Drive-In Conference, Core Employer Maintenance Initiative, Employer Volunteerism Initiative, Bi-weekly Outreach Summary Report, and Monthly Faculty and Constituent Relations meetings.
7 (5%) Serve in a leadership capacity, as an integral member of the management team, working alongside the Associate Director for Employer Relations to set priorities. Participate in strategic planning, establish short and long-term goals, and manage employer relations related projects and programs for the Center. Contribute to the development of goals, programs, policies and procedures which support the vision and mission of the employer relations area, as well as the office as a whole.
8) (5%) Customize outreach efforts to employers through meeting agendas and the use of tailored templates for email and phone and email correspondence. Delegate the development of a history sheet on each organization for use in meeting preparation. Accurately and efficiently document employer interactions using the Career Center's customer relationship management (CRM). Schedule travel and lodging and document and submit travel expenditures.
9) (5%) Assist staff with additional employer relations and office-wide initiatives.Minimum Qualifications (Classified and Unclassified positions)
Masters degree in Student Services or related field and 1 year related experience, or bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience.Preferred Qualifications
Career services experience preferred. Prior employer relations experience strongly preferred. Prior experience using Customer Relations Management (CRM) software is preferred.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
The individual must have the ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Individual will be responsible for regular day travel, occasional overnight travel, and some evening work. Must be willing to travel to conduct site visits with both existing and prospective employers and be willing to work occasional evenings. Position requires exceptional attention to detail, strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to interact with students, employers, faculty, and other constituents is expected. Position requires ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate good judgment in handling employer and student information.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Start Date 05/01/2018 If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end date Job Open Date 03/14/2018 Job Close Date 03/30/2018 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant
Positions are advertised for a minimum of five (5) business days on our job website. After five (5) business days, positions can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.Quicklink for Posting http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/27962 EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status or genetics.
Hazardous weather category Non-Essential Safety Sensitive or Security Sensitive No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have at least a Masters degree in Student Services or related field and 1 year related experience, or a bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience.
- Cover Letter
- List of References and Contact Information
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3