Salary: $45,623 - $65,438
Title: Administrative Coordinator
Category: Management and Professional
Date Posted: 03/14/2018
Position Information: The Administrative Coordinator provides a full range of administrative duties to support to various staff and daily operating functions in the Development office. Incumbent will be responsible for making travel arrangements, processing reimbursements, scheduling meetings, and other general administrative support. Incumbent will also be responsible for submitting work requests and creating purchase orders utilizing on-line systems. As the front line, first point of contact, incumbent is responsible for demonstrating a high level of professionalism in interactions with donors, campus departments, and leadership.
Minimum Requirements: Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field.
Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple assignments to independently meet deadlines and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy, under pressure of constant interruption.
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people from all levels of internal and external organizations.
Ability to work independently, or collaboratively as part of a team, and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Proficiency with using windows applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook in particular. Experience in creating spreadsheets. Database experience. Skill in using the Internet and other sources for information-gathering purposes.
Ability to independently research and analyze situations to develop feasible solutions or actions following
established policies and procedures. Ability to make appropriate contacts for problem resolution. Skill in using professional and sound judgement to address issues or concerns.
Ability to compose business correspondence, edit, and use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in an office environment providing administrative support.
Experience processing purchasing and/or financial transactions in an on-line environment.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview