Director of Campus Life and Housing
The Director of Campus Life and Housing provides leadership to Residential Life, New Student Orientation, and Title IX/Student Conduct for Gillette College. The Director works closely with other departments, administrators, faculty, staff, and community agencies to provide services and programs to promote college student development, academic achievement, and student success The Director supervises one, full-time staff member also in the Department of Campus Life and Housing, Resident Assistants and provides indirect supervision to Office Assistants. The Director works collaboratively with the Director of Campus Life and Housing at Sheridan College and is responsible for establishing and assessing student learning outcomes, policy and procedures, and determining Campus Life and Housing priorities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Working knowledge of Student Development Theory.
- Understanding of student learning and program assessment
- Ability to work closely with and relate to a wide variety of college personnel and students.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to actively engage students individually and in groups.
- Ability to exercise a high level of independent judgment and interact collaboratively with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff
- Ability to research/seek out and strive to adhere to best practices in Student Affairs
- Understanding of Title IX and VAWA
Supervisory and Management Responsibility:
- Supervise Coordinator of Campus Life and Housing
- Supervise Resident Assistants and provide indirect supervision to Office Assistants
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a relevant discipline or completed coursework by first day on the job
- Minimum of two years working experience with students in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience, and interest in a higher education setting working with diverse populations (such as international students, non-traditional age students, underrepresented student population, LGBT identified students, and students with disabilities).
- Experience providing workshop presentations.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Preferred experience in supervision of full time staff
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Office, classroom, residential housing and presentations, standard regular work week with potential late hours, weekends and on-call, as they relate to college students
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- 20 days paid annual leave
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- 16 paid holidays per year
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu