Programmer Analyst Sr. 495784
Programmer Analyst Sr. 495784
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 495784
Department: Information Technology
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Lamar University Information Technology, Enterprise Services team invites applications for a Sr. Programmer Analyst position. The Sr. Programmer Analyst participates on large and complex projects, for the maintenance, and support of enterprise software systems used to facilitate university-wide operations. Such systems may include on premise or cloud-hosted software applications such as the University's ERP Ellucian Banner, ODS, the Reporting Environment and other third-party applications. Through the use of such software, this position works to ensure that business processes are efficient and continually optimized.
Projects may include but are not limited to new development, analysis, design, modification, and implementation of production interfaces, analytical solutions and software applications. Supports and/or installs software applications and web applications, responsible for planning, programming and ongoing support of the applications and their integration.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study from an accredited institution with five years relevant experience supporting computing users. A combination of education, experience, certifications and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered.
Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 11 and 12c databases; Shell scripting, recent experience in Linux / Unix environments.
Experience/familiarity with Banner, Oracle RDBMS and ODS.
Must be a team player and able to work flexible hours and off hours when required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
General knowledge of programming and testing methods and techniques for development and web development; thorough knowledge of client/server technology, analytical methods and techniques.
• Ability and specialized skills to accurately and effectively communicate with users to identify, document and deliver software/system requirements, work flow, output, and report specifications.
• Independently configure and administer server-based applications;
• Design, develop, modify or support fully integrated web based applications, which may include web front end, web services, data interfaces between different programs, and vendor supplied software applications.
• Develop supporting database tables, stored procedures, triggers and functions in Oracle environments.
• Maintain and support applications and systems to ensure minimal downtime and loss of productivity and service; analyze problems; propose effective solutions.
• Design and develop user-friendly interfaces to systems, applications, and web applications.
• Recommend and develop modifications to third-party software to meet user needs.
• Develop and maintain program specific documentation, including program operating procedures, program changes and other relevant information to accompany designs and changes to any code developed or modified.
• Provide documentation and assist users of university software applications and systems; understand functional and procedural requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience in advanced Web transaction processing technologies, internet, integration skills. Experience with Unix/Linux, Apache, PHP, ASP.net, .Net. Familiarity with Oracle and Web Logic is a plus as well as network architectures. Strong Business and/or University acumen.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 07/08/2016
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.