Curriculum & Instructional Designer
Curriculum & Instructional Designer
Tracking Code: 913-443
Position Title: Curriculum & Instructional Designer
Department: Educational Media Technologies
Reports To: Director of Educational Media Technologies
Anticipated Starting Date:
Starting Salary: $57,817.00
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
Actively supports the teaching and learning process providing leadership on instructional and curriculum design at NMC. This encompasses collaboration with multiple stakeholders; application of pedagogical strategies and assessment tools to address faculty member instructional goals; development of new and improved instructional processes and programs; and oversight of the online/hybrid teaching certification program. The position requires excellent communication, teamwork, project management, pedagogical, instructional design, and assessment skills.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Experience in curricular-based instructional design, applying adult learning theories, assessment, and evaluation of course design and development
- Experience learning, developing, and/or teaching in the online environment
- Master's degree in educational technology, instructional development, or related discipline with a technology orientation
- Experience with digital media, preferably in online or hybrid/blended delivery modalities
- Experience providing customer service and support to computer end-users
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervises others in accordance with NMC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time, 40+ hour per week position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on April 10, 2018 will receive first consideration. Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. For assistance call 231-995-2612 or 1-800-748-0566 x51377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
All applicants are required to review the job description prior to applying. Click here to reviewJob Location Traverse City, Michigan, United States Salary - 57,817.00 USD Special Instructions to Applicants Please attach resume, cover letter and transcripts to your application. Official transcripts will be required of all finalists. Please mail to: Northwestern Michigan College Attention: Human Resources 1701 E Front Street Traverse City, MI 49686. or e-mail to: email@example.com