Assistant Director of Development for Tampa – University Advancement
Job Description Summary
Florida’s newest state university is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as an Assistant Director of Development for Tampa in University Advancement.
Florida Polytechnic University Advancement seeks a proactive and entrepreneurial Assistant Director of Development for Tampa - University Advancement who can identify, cultivate and solicit donors, serve as a development liaison, support fundraising special projects and development initiatives for a comprehensive fundraising program that advances the mission of the University with a focus on Florida’s Hi Tech Corridor and the greater Tampa/St Petersburg area. The Assistant Director of Development for Tampa will report to the Lakeland Development office when needed, but will spend the majority of their time in the greater Tampa/St. Petersburg area.
- Cultivates and solicits philanthropic support by developing and maintaining long term relationships with assigned prospects; identifies new prospects and integrates them into the established cultivation process; nurtures a culture of philanthropic support with a focus on Florida’s Hi Tech Corridor; carries out the fundraising priorities of the university and foundation.
- Supports fundraising strategies to ensure proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of donors.
- Participates in developing marketing material and assists in preparing reports and prospect research materials.
- Builds working relationships and serves as department liaison to internal and external constituents.
- Manages information on and activities with key constituents and provides timely reporting through the Customer Relationship Management System
- Participates in professional development organizations, committees, boards, and meetings; travels locally, and out-of-town as necessary.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with industry leaders and potential donors
- Ability to solicit and close gifts
- Ability to maintain relationships and interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients, high net worth individuals, and diverse groups
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and presentation skills
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Ability to work remotely and without direct supervision
- Ability to schedule and execute outreach campaigns and fundraising events.
- Ability to analyze data, confirm results, and brainstorm new campaigns.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work within deadlines.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- Four years of outside sales, fundraising/development, or related experience
- Master’s degree in an appropriate field
- Fundraising experience
- Development experience in higher education
- Demonstrated experience with establishing and cultivating relationships over a long sales/fundraising cycle
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $55,390 - 62,000
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.