Development Officer III/S
Director of Development & Major GiftsPosition Summary
As the chief fundraising officer for WKAR, this person oversees staff responsible for annual giving, corporate and non-profit sponsorship, and member services. This person is directly responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of planned and major gift giving, and cultivating relationships with major donors; as well as the oversight of all fundraising initiatives to enhance net revenue for the organization, and in fulfillment of the organization’s mission, and community engagement goals. Under the care of this position, accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding will be maintained. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Broadcasting Services and work closely with development, digital and marketing staff to enhance all aspects of fundraising.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, supervision, and guidance to the fundraising department in order to ensure that the organization’s fundraising goals are met.
- Professionally represent WKAR within the community by participating in community events, serving on appropriate committees and volunteer organizations and otherwise advancing the unique role and importance of public media within our community.
- Work with the General Manager, and leadership team to set financial goals and coordinate development of the overall strategic plan and events/fundraising calendar for the organization.
- Work with development staff to develop a balanced major donor strategy tailored to the needs of the organization that will enable it to attract, retain and motivate major donors.
- Cultivate relationships necessary to attract and maintain major donors.
- Develop and monitor revenue and cost budget lines within areas of responsibility. As financial issues arise, provide solutions and alternatives to those issues.
- Ensure articulation of the organization’s desired image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Business; five to eight years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in professional and higher education fundraising, public relations, marketing, development of budgets, preparation and presentation of case statements and analysis of operations and management/supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter addressing your extent of fundraising experience, and why you feel this position would be a positive career move for you. Please include the names and email addresses of three professional references. A writing sample is requested, see further instructions below.Special Instructions
In less than 500 words, provide a writing sample telling us what you enjoy about working in fundraising.Work Hours
STANDARD 8-5Bidding eligibility ends on 3/20/2018 at 11:55PM