Marketing and Sales Manager/S
Corporate Support DirectorPosition Summary
As the Corporate Support Director, this person manages the corporate underwriting fundraising program for WKAR TV and Radio and will participate as a collaborative member of the Broadcasting Services/WKAR development team to build annual support from corporations generating operating income through the sale of underwriting mentions and web and promotional opportunities in support of personal and department revenue goals. This includes overseeing and participating in renewal of existing contracts and prospecting for new underwriters. Responsible for establishing underwriting packages and setting rates, ensuring compliance with FCC regulations, and integration of underwriting with traffic systems. Identifies new opportunities for corporate sponsorships such as online and mobile opportunities, event sponsorships, and more.
The selected individual will actively mentor and train staff, providing frequent opportunities for professional learning and growth; provides the structure and guidance necessary to promote a high-performance culture that meets the needs and expectations of a successful and diverse community.Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge normally acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Advertising, Marketing or related field; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in sales and marketing strategies, and management/supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated creativity.
- Superb writing and presentation/public speaking skills and keen ability to relate to an build rapport with new and existing corporate clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Must be able to present themselves in a neat, professional manner, with appropriate attire.
- Dynamic, accomplished, responsive and collaborative individual with the ability to think and act strategically.
- Professional media, advertising or marketing sales experience in public broadcasting, non-profit charitable organization, media outlet or higher education a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate positive results from prospect identification to cultivation to solicitation.
- A high level of commitment and dedication to the mission of WKAR TV and Radio. Personally volunteers support – either financially or in other ways.
- A high level of energy. An obvious enthusiasm for the work of WKAR. Outgoing, friendly with coworkers, and demonstrates an appropriate sense of humor.
- Acting consistently with the highest standards of business ethics and personal integrity. Preserving confidentiality appropriately. Stewarding resources with prudence and accountability.
- Serving as an excellent ambassador for WKAR, both formally and informally. Helping listeners, potential listeners, and donors connect with WKAR. Holding leadership positions in the community on boards, committees, and through general volunteer opportunities.
- Facilitating excellent communications across departments, among employees, with the public, with relevant national organizations, and with suppliers. Fostering open and candid relationships with WKAR listeners and contributors. Managing conflict constructively.
- Demonstrating a commitment to the continuous improvement of WKAR’s ability to fulfill its mission and vision. Demonstrating and encouraging creativity and enthusiasm for this work.
- Being recognized by peers for knowledge of the craft, demonstrated expertise and success, and commitment to the cause. Holding leadership positions in national organizations involved with public radio. Bringing increased opportunities to WKAR as a byproduct of these efforts.
- Expressing consistent, high performance expectations for themselves, their department, WKAR’s leadership, and WKAR. With staff: helping them develop a high level of commitment to their mission and excellent teamwork. Helping develop employee skills and abilities, mentoring well, and helping employees realize their professional goals.
- Developing a broad understanding of all of WKAR’s departments sufficient to collaborate effectively with peers, ensure excellent communication and teamwork among departments, and help other managers do their jobs more effectively.
- Working with the General Manager in ways that make their role more effective.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter addressing your extent of corporate support/fundraising experience, and why you feel this position would be a positive career move for you. Please include the names and email addresses of three professional references. A writing sample is requested, see further instructions below.Special Instructions
In less than 500 words, provide a writing sample telling us what you enjoy about working in corporate support/fundraising.Work Hours
STANDARD 8-5Bidding eligibility ends on 3/20/2018 at 11:55PM