Information Technology Professional
Telecom Customer Support ProfessionalPosition Summary
The primary ITSD Telecom Analyst role is that of providing first level support through triaging calls, fulfilling or processing service requests and handling incidents using the incident management and request fulfillment processes in line with Service Desk objectives.
- Provide first level support through taking calls and handling the resulting incidents, access requests or service requests.
- Perform move, add, and change requests. Update records and billing systems.
- Serve as a liaison between university customers, technical staff, and telecom service vendors in order to facilitate timely, efficient and customer-centric telecommunication services.
- Independently work with customers to analyze incidents and requests. Develop and implement solutions using telecommunications knowledge and expertise.
- Prepare documentation and consult with customers in order to explain telecommunications services. Communicate with customers to ensure high degree of satisfaction.
- Use the incident management, access management and request fulfillment processes in line with Service Desk objectives.
- Update and train unit staff members, student employees, and customers in new and evolving telecommunications technologies. Develop new and maintains knowledge articles and end user documentation.
- Escalate incidents and issues as needed to service owners, senior service desk analyst, and service desk manager.
Knowledge normally acquired in the first two or three years of college, technical, vocational or business school such as an Associates Degree in computer technology or information systems, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed OR a Bachelors Degree in computer technology or information systems, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; up to six months of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
Experience in technology environment and work order/service desk ticketing management software. Excellent trouble shooting skills. Technical acumen to learn and provide basic technical support for telecommunication applications, technologies and supporting billing systems. Knowledge of Avaya Communication Manager and Avaya Aura Messaging products and services. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with all levels of technology users and leadership. Attention to detail. Demonstrate a high level of customer relationship skills to include professional telephone etiquette, interpersonal and customer service focus. Ability to contribute to a high performing team environment.Required Application Materials
- cover letter
- procedure writing sample
References on request.Work Hours
Bidding eligibility ends on 3/20/18 at 11:55 PM.