- Performs duties related to the unit of employment in order to facilitate operations.
- Serves as a liaison with clients, professors, customers, vendors, donors and University departments in order to provide expertise in the area of turfgrass research center operations and procedures.
- Assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures relating to cultural management, expense management, labor management and best management practices.
- Forecasts needs and orders supplies in order to maintain inventory levels. Maintain organization of pesticides, handling and disposal.
- Prepares special and periodic financial or other reports and maintains Unit records. P-card purchasing responsibilities and expense tracking.
- Oversees operations in order to maintain quality control, background in turf management to meet current industry specifications and deadlines. Thorough understanding of putting green management, cultural, chemical and fertility programs.
- Maintains health and safety standards in order to ensure compliance with University, State, and Federal rules and regulations.
- Collaborate in acquiring and improving various revenue streams for the unit.
- Ability to grind and sharpen reel style cutting units and bed knives, including rebuilding units
- Operate large scale computerized irrigation system including computer programming, editing, remote access and knowledge of current technology.
Knowledge normally acquired from specialized training such as that acquired in two to three years of college, technical, vocational, trade or business school with coursework in a field related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in performing tasks related to the area of employment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. May require certification in the area of employment.Desired Qualifications
Requires valid vehicle operator's license where needed to perform duties of the position. Previous experience with assisting undergraduate research projects and laboratories. Pesticide certification within 6 months of hire. Must be able to operate individually and without daily direct supervision.Required Application Materials
Please submit a resume and cover letter.Work Hours
Work hours are 6am - 3pm most times of the year but could be variable during seasons. Some nights and weekends may be required during peak seasons.Summary of Physical Demands
Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling bagged fertilizer, seen, grass clippings and small equipment.Summary of Health Risks
Work in a noisy environment, work in noisy (at or above 85 decibels) areas.(Bidding Eligibility ends 3/20/2018 at 11:55 PM)