Art & Design Instructor
COLLEGE FACULTY - Revised
POSITION: Art & Design Instructor – Full-Time Tenure Track
DEPARTMENT: Art and Design
- Teach two-dimensional design, painting & drawing, digital art, art appreciation and art history.
- MA or MFA IN Fine Art; specialization painting or drawing, experience with digital art.
- Teaching experience in position’s subjects at the college/university level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with academic outcomes assessment, data collection and analysis.
- Technical experience in 2-D design, painting & drawing methods and instruction, digital art skills, art appreciations and/or art history, studio maintenance & safety practices.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- MFA Painting & Drawing
- Minor Art History & Digital Art
This is a regular full-time faculty position with salary to be determined by placement on the faculty salary schedule commensurate with education and experience.
- Cover letter addressing your ability to perform the positions requirements (1page or less).
- Curriculum Vitae
- References; at least 3 from Higher Education. Include phone number, address, email, brief biographies of the references and your professional or personal relationship.
- Statement of teaching philosophy (1 page or less).
- Statement of scholarly focus or Artist Statement (1 page or less)
- Sample syllabi & course materials
- Evidence of effective teaching
- Official copies of Graduate & Undergraduate transcripts
- 20 images of current work; jpeg on disk or slides
- 20 images of students' work; jpeg on disk or slides
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 13, 2018
BEGINNING DATE: August 16, 2018
Please submit application materials to: Office of Human Resources