Manager of Graphic Design
Job ID:5402 - Unclassified - FT (Salary)
The Manager Graphic Designer is responsible for maintaining graphic standards in internal and external print and web publishing. This position is part of the Advancement Communications, Marketing and Events staff within the Division of University Advancement and reports to the Assistant Vice President of Advancement Communications, Marketing and Events.
- Serves as in-house manager graphic designer for the Division of University Advancement, serving the areas of alumni relations, development, and stewardship and donor relations.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, create engaging design for websites, email templates, social media, videos, and multimedia graphics; design, layout and package for production print materials. Print materials include but are not limited to: newsletters, invitations, brochures and other promotional materials, print advertising, mailings, event collateral (signs, name badges, programs, etc.) and event displays.
- Create original artwork, as needed, for University Advancement publications, while working within both the division and university brand frameworks and guidelines.
- Adhere to a fast-paced, multi-client production schedule to ensure timely delivery of creative for client deadlines.
- Work with outside vendors to complete University Advancement projects, including printing and mailing vendors, marketing and graphic design vendors, and freelance artists.
- Art direct photography and video production shoots as needed.
- Provide creative direction, in collaboration with the AVP, on divisional print and multimedia projects in the area of alumni relations, development and stewardship and donor relations.
- Provide day to day project oversight for all graphic projects.
- Manage graphic designers, student interns and any freelancers.
- B.A. in Fine Arts, Speech Communications, Marketing or related field with 3-5 years graphic design experience. A combination of education and experience (including internships, co-ops and freelance work) may be considered.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Creativity, organization, deadline-driven enthusiasm, and an ability to articulate the mission of Miami University in print and online graphic design.
- Possesses strong conceptual skills, high level of design, layout and typography; a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design approaches.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, especially in relation to clients and bringing their ideas to life through design.
- Strong typography, layout design, and production skills.
- Fine art, drawing, photography or other specialized skill expected.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills. Ability to handle constructive criticism and client preference in a professional manner.
- Provide an online portfolio of samples indicated above.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint.
- Willingness to work on weekends and/or extended hours as necessary.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.