Nursing Skills and Resource Lab Specialist
For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Under general supervision of the Division Dean and/or functional supervision of the Chair of Registered Nursing, provide supervision, guidance and feedback for students, develop student skill in effective laboratory facilitation, maintain nursing labs and all materials and attend nursing faculty meetings.
- Programs and facilitates simulations and maintains post-simulation documentation.
- Manage inventory of all supplies and equipment in nursing skills lab and computer lab.Order equipment and materials and monitor supply budget.Maintain working relationship with vendors.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all equipment in skills lab and computer lab, including manikins, computers, projectors and medical equipment.
- Assist in providing skill instruction and supervision in the skills lab.
- Serve as a resource and support for students in the nursing practice lab.
- Schedule use of nursing skills lab for clinical and didactic instruction by nursing faculty. Provide a calendar for reference by staff and faculty.
- Participate in level appropriate nursing curriculum meetings as resource and liaison for faculty and nursing skills lab.
- Prepare and assemble all supplies and supporting sample medical documentation for nursing lab skill instruction classes and testing.
- Provide feedback to nursing faculty on nursing instructional material/methodology for nursing skills and simulation
- Supervise and evaluate student workers assisting in the nursing lab.
- Assist in writing and submitting program and equipment grants to acquire external funding that is beneficial to nursing education.
- Maintain professional development (competencies in technology through training and attendance at conferences/workshops on simulation or related technologies).
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- BSN Required, Master's Degree in related healthcare field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience teaching in a community college nursing program is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer software applications relevant to simulator functions and experience with clinical skills and procedures is preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice in the State of Illinois.
- Must possess proficient computer skills and have some knowledge of audio/visual equipment.
- Strong oral/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Work requires some lifting of items weighing up to 70 pounds, reaching with hands and arms, and handle objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and stand and walk.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:45 am - 4:30 pm Occasional irregular work hours may be needed.
Salary: $51,837 annually
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.