Residence Life Coordinator
Lewis University invites applicants for Residence Life Coordinators. Residence Life Coordinators are graduate students in any one of Lewis University's graduate programs. The RLC is supervised by the full time professional Residence Life Staff member responsible for the supervision of the RLC's respective area of specialization (Residence Life and Programming, Housing Services, or Judicial Affairs). Each RLC assists in the administration and development of the Residence Life program. This position is required to live on campus.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead collaborative efforts to create a positive living and learning environment
- Design, develop, review and implement programs and services
- Provide an enriched educational experience with sensitivity to diverse student needs as reflected in the University's Lasallian Mission
- Assisting in the day to day management of the residence halls by seeing to facilities, disciplinary, and other administrative concerns as they arise
- Providing supervision, feedback and mentoring for the Resident Assistants
- Performing judicial duties as necessary in accordance with the Student Judicial process
- Planning and implementing campus wide educational and social programming for strengthening of the campus community
- Holding regular office hours in the department of Residence Life and Housing Services
- Fulfilling regular on-call duties as scheduled by the Central staff
- Communicating regularly with the Residence Life and Housing professional staff
- Assisting in selection and training of staff
- Attending Visit Days and representing the department in various other ways as assigned
- Facilitating regular staff meetings for the purpose of discussing pertinent issues and reporting on the status of campus living
- Developing a positive sense of cooperation between each area of Residence Life and Housing Services
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree; Enrollment and satisfactory progress in one of Lewis University's graduate programs.
Application Instructions: For a full description and to apply, visit: http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/3133
Lewis University is an increasingly dynamic institution. We offer a competitive stipend for the Graduate Assistant position as well as graduate tuition.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.