Assistant Director of Residence Life
Lewis University invites applicants for the Assistant Director of Residence Life position. The Assistant Director will develop, implement and review services and programs for resident students and responds to the developmental needs of resident students in an effort to develop positive living and learning communities in the residence halls.
The Assistant Director of Residence Life is responsible for the quality of University residence life especially as related to community development, programming, staff training and development, safety and security and emergency response. The Assistant Director of Residence Life is required to live on campus.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead collaborative efforts to create a positive learning environment
- Design, develop, review and implement programs and services
- Provide an enriched educational experience with sensitivity to diverse student needs as reflected in the University's Lasallian Mission
- Work in close partnership with various University departments in developing social and educational programs
- Coordinate faculty and other University staff involvement in residence hall programming
- Develop and implement a programming calendar
- Provide on-going, long-range planning contributing to the overall character, content and quality of residence life
- Direct the recruitment and hiring process of and undergraduate staff
- Serve as an advocate for resident students' needs and concerns that affect the quality of student life in the residence halls
- Provide evening and weekend presence in the residence hall during programs
- Develop quality programs and means of assessment that create a sense of community to positively impact retention
- Serve as an on-call contact and respond to after-hours emergencies
- Provide supervision, feedback and mentoring to graduate and undergraduate staff
SUMMER CONFERENCES RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary contact for the summer staff to the Office of Meetings, Events & Conferences
- Provide quality service to conference clients, both external and internal
- Acts as liaison between the Office of Meetings, Events & Conferences and the office of Residence Life
- Actively participate in room and key prep process according to Pre-Event Checklist and information derived at Pre-Conference Meetings
- Actively participate in check-in and check-out activities
- Respond to violations of University policies and procedures
- Serve as a resource of information on facilities, schedules, and attractions for conference attendees
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor's degree is required. Previous supervisory experience is preferred. Additional requirements include at least three years of successful administrative experience in residence life/housing, at the college or university level.
Previous experience in working with students from a variety of backgrounds, and advising students is necessary. Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing. Must represent the University in an articulate, professional and effective manner. A record of personal integrity and a commitment to Catholic higher education are essential.
Application Instructions: For a full description and to apply, visit: http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/3127
Inspired by the Universities Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.