Associate Director, Creative Services
- Lead creative development for DU Advancement, supervising and managing a creative services coordinator and working collaboratively with stakeholders across the University.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in creative development and execution, always looking to remain at the forefront of design and brand expression.
- Establish a captivating visual style for DU Advancement based on the University Brand that can be adapted to programs and products for a broad spectrum of audience demographics.
- Through creative development, provide a highly engaging visual expression of Advancement's innovative new models of engaging alumni and donors.
- Serve as a brand ambassador, ensuring that all Advancement communications adhere to University Brand standards, including the brand visual guide, website design guide and editorial style guide.
Design, Content and Engagement Strategy
- Facilitate the creation, exchange and execution of creative ideas and concepts.
- Lead the design of the full range of print and digital products.
- Serve as primary point of contact for design and production vendors, ensuring top-quality results in work performed for the University.
- Lead creative brainstorming and strategy development for new products, marketing campaigns and storytelling.
- Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with peers, campus colleagues and senior leaders; strengthen ties across multiple departments.
- Receive feedback from many sources, with divergent points of view, and synthesize into creative, on-brand solutions that bring messages and ideas to life.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative marketing practices.
- Represent the interests of University Advancement in a variety of marketing and communications roles, including participating in the University Marketing and Communications monthly Confab meetings and serving on University Advancement and campus-wide cross-functional teams.
- Model "One DU" leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Adept in using creative to connect with a multi-generational audience.
- Wildly creative within a brand framework.
- Ability to honor the history of a 150-year-old institution while bringing the brand alive in new and interesting ways that engage audiences in the digital age.
- Exceptional creative design skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proficient with Adobe design software, including both print and digital design.
- Proficient in visual storytelling and the creation of striking infographics.
- Proficient in handling multiple projects within tight deadlines and delegating as needed.
- Proficient in producing social media-ready content.
- Experience managing creative agencies.
- Intermediate ability to work with HTML5 and CSS3, including experience working with responsive design frameworks.
- Solid competency with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5 years of experience in graphic design, preferably in an art director (or similar) role
- Creative agency experience, or experience in a similarly complex environment, managing competing priorities and stakeholder interests to bring creative concepts to life
- Previous supervisory experience
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Design portfolio to include at least 5 samples of recent work, specifically digital content. Please submit via link, or file attachment.
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.