Health Sciences Assistant or Associate Clinical Professor in Oculoplastic Ophthalmology
Open November 13th, 2017 through June 30th, 2018
Gavin Herbert Eye Institute at the University of California, Irvine, is seeking candidates with subspecialty training in oculofacial plastic and orbital surgery for a fulltime position as Health Sciences Assistant or Associate Professor rank.
Candidates must have an MD or DO degree and be licensed or eligible for licensure with the California Medical Board. Candidates must have completed an American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited ophthalmology residency program with fellowship training at an American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) endorsed program.
Demonstrated capabilities in teaching and professional service are required. Duties include patient care in addition to didactic and clinical training of fellows, residents, and medical students. Research is not mandatory for this position; however the department encourages research and/or creative activity.
Interested candidates should apply through our online system located at:
Please complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
- Curriculum vitae
- Name and contact addresses of 4-6 references
- Diversity statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion should be included in the application materials.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. and complete application.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
4-6 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now