The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructor, Kinesiology for Las Positas College in Livermore, California. This is a non-coaching position.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
Job Title Instructor, Kinesiology
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 3FPE01
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $62,035 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Las Positas College, 3000 Campus Hill Dr., Livermore, CA 94551
Department Kinesiology/Athletics, Health & Business
1. Experience in/ability to teach and develop curriculum in Kinesiology and related certificate areas.
2. Ability to teach lower division Kinesiology courses that students are required to complete for Kinesiology-Transfer to four-year institutions.
3. Ability to build relationships with University Kinesiology Programs, other community colleges, Kinesiology-related employers, and general members of the community.
4. Ability to design and implement innovative teaching methodologies in the above mentioned curriculum.
5. Recruit, mentor, and advise adjunct instructors and professional experts.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of current state and national curriculum and accreditation standards for course and program development and instruction.
7. Ability to develop partnerships with the local community (e.g. industry, K-12, ROP, and similar entities), and recruit for and serve on program advisory boards.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of methods of instruction, testing, and assessment of students.
9. Commitment to effective collaboration with administrators, faculty, staff, and Kinesiology faculty to increase support and success for students.
10. Participate in campus professional activities, which include, but are not limited to: committee membership, curriculum development, staff meetings, and community outreach.
11. Ability to contribute to the total operation of the instructional program including fulfilling Department, Division, and College responsibilities as well as those within the community and the District.
12. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
13. Ability to adapt instructional techniques to accommodate varied learning styles, and utilize a variety of teaching modalities including face to face, distance education (online) and hybrid learning.
14. Ability to seek and support professional growth and demonstrate career objectives consistent with the mission of Las Positas College.
15. Availability to teach morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, distance learning, and/or off-campus classes when scheduled as part of the regular teaching assignment, to teach outdoors and in sometimes inclement conditions.
16. Evidence of sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master’s degree in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education
Bachelor’s degree in any of the above
Master’s degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration or physical therapy
OR the equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2018 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
1. One to three years of consistent and documented experience in developing and/or updating curriculum.
2. One to three years of consistent and documented experience in developing and/or assessing Student Learning Outcomes.
3. One to three years teaching at the community college, college/university level or similar.
4. Experience with participating in program review.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2018. Employment will begin on or about August 16, 2018.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F47P
Open Date 01/30/2018
Close Date 03/09/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
In no more than one page, provide a discussion of your teaching philosophy for Kinesiology and what you believe are your responsibilities to Kinesiology students. Upload a document and submit using the applicant document called "Response to Supplemental Question 1."
(Open Ended Question)
Provide a sample course syllabus, written by you, for an introductory to Kinesiology course. Upload a document and submit using the applicant document called "Response to Supplemental Question 2."
(Open Ended Question)
Please provide a list of all Kinesiology/Physical Activity Courses you have taught, developed or updated curriculum for in the past five years. Upload a document and submit using the applicant document called "Response to Supplemental Question 3."
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Response to Supplemental Question 1
- Response to Supplemental Question 2
- Response to Supplemental Question 3
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER