About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-106
Posting Start Date: 9/15/2017
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
Compensation: $11.47 / hr
Environment Services Technician
*** Job Description Updated***
Overview of position: Summary of position's responsibilities
This position maintains clean, safe and healthy facilities for students, staff and visitors of Baltimore City Community College under the direction of the supervisor. The EVS Tech maintains assigned buildings on campus to present a clean and functioning, presentable area for all to use during all activities at the college.
An EVS Tech is responsible for:
1. Maintains floor surfaces, dust moping, wet mopping, sweeping, stripping, finishing, burnishing, carpet shampooing and extraction
2. Cleans classrooms, and labs; cleans offices; cleans corridors and stairs;
3. Cleans doors and partition glass and interior windows at ground level
4. Empties trash receptacles, replaces trash liners, cleans and sanitizes trash receptacles; dispose trash into trash compactor;
5. Responsible for cleaning rest rooms, locker rooms, sinks, toilets, urinals, fixtures, showers, floors and partitions and replenishes supplies (towels, toilet tissues and hand soap).
- High School Diploma
- One Year Experience in the Janitorial services
- (2+) years' experience institutional or commercial setting that provides knowledge of procedures for proper use of equipment such as high low speed buffer, automatic floor scrubbers, upholster and carpet extractor, vacuum cleaner, wet/dry cleaner as well using industrial cleaners and germicidal agents
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to use snow removal equipment
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.