Recruiter & Outreach Coordinator, CAMP
Recruiter & Outreach Coordinator, CAMP
Position Number: 53064405
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 04/20/2018
Salary Minimum: $36,000
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Recruiter & Outreach Coordinator for the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP). CAMP is seeking a Bilingual (Spanish & English) Recruiter & Outreach Coordinator who will travel to various locations to identify and recruit prospective participants. CAMP is a federally funded program, designed to support students from migrant and seasonal farm-worker backgrounds, during their first year in college. The program provides students with both financial assistance and support services, with the goal of preparing them to continue their education at a college or university. They will work with the Georgia Migrant Education program, local school systems and local organizations to conduct community recruitment and collaborate with various community agencies. In addition, they will assist in providing academic, personal, and career coaching & programs to help retain students as needed. Multi-campus travel, weekend and evening work will occur. Position re-appointment is contingent upon reaching assigned goals, successfully meeting all job responsibilities and the continuation of grant on a yearly basis. They will report to the Director of Migrant Programs & Services. The role is expected to start July 1, 2018.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Recruiter & Outreach Coordinator will:
- Travel to various locations to identify and recruit CAMP prospective students. Maintain recruitment databases and detailed physical/electronic student records.
- Coordinate and execute CAMP open house(s), CAMP Parent day(s), CAMP Graduation day(s) and CAMP Orientation(s).
- Plan and coordinate recruitment project revisions and interventions to reach recruitment goals.
- Collaborate with faculty, peer-mentors, administrators and project partners to provide appropriate student services, recruitment & community outreach.
- Assist in build rapport of all assigned CAMP students by monitoring student progress and providing individualized coaching for personal, career & academic matters as needed.
- Assist in delivering various types of academic workshops and assist in other CAMP retention initiatives.
- Develop Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) when needed. Other duties as assigned for the success of the project.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge about higher education processes and student development.
- Ability to develop, implement, and facilitate workshops; engage students; develop learning plans, and monitor data.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills, including patience, and diligence.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy towards the realities of migrant/seasonal/agricultural work and life.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in education, guidance, communications, marketing or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in education/community outreach; or 12 credit hrs/1 semester to Bachelor's degree completion with 2-3 year of experience in education/community outreach; or Associate's degree earned with 3-4 years of experience in education/community outreach; or a High School Equivalent with 5+ years in migrant education and community outreach is required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is required.
- Experience in marketing and working with academically underprepared students and student recruitment strategies.
- Multi-campus travel, some weekend and evening work. Must have valid driver's license and have reliable transportation.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.