MARKETING SPECIALIST-DUKE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
MARKETING SPECIALIST-DUKE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The fellow, reporting to the Director of Undergraduate Engagement, will perform a variety of special projects in service of the mission of the Duke Alumni Association's (DAA) Campus Engagement Team, specifically as it relates to connecting students and recent alumni to each other and to the DAA. These projects will include the facilitation of the DAA's relationship with student groups, the management of student- and recent alumni-related programming, and general student marketing of and outreach related to DAA programs. The fellow will also help support campus programs, including events such as Homecoming, Duke Entertainment Media and Arts Network (DEMAN) Weekend,and Commencement. General office duties will also be required, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. This fellowship will commence upon graduation and last for 2 years. The position will include frequent night and weekend work.
- Provide logistical support to the Campus Engagement Team in the development and execution of all major on-campus events, including but not limited to Homecoming, DEMAN Weekend, Reunions, and Commencement.
- Assist in the recruitment of alumni participants; communicate with students, staff, and faculty members to market, manage registration, and coordinate event logistics; create promotional materials and complete post-event logistics, including sending thank you notes to alumni, following up with student participants, and Enquire coding.
- Manage the freshman pic book and graduation gift distribution events.
- Supervise the Duke Student Alumni Board. Develop and implement plans for group participation in the wider DAA community.
- Work with members on outreach to students and on the creation of student-focused resources and events.
- Serve as a liaison to student groups, such as DSG, DUU, and the Senior Class Council.
- Develop and deliver presentations to student groups.
- Represent the team at student events and at appropriate University functions and committee meetings.
- Coordinate the Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Teaching Award, and senior Commencement speaker processes.
- Manage the senior portal content and submission logistics.
- Assist in the implementation of the student engagement marketing plan and manage the DAA's communications to undergraduate and graduate/professional students.
- Work with the digital engagement and marketing teams to create and manage DAA social media content for students.
- Coordinate all student group communication with alumni: serve as the first point of contact for groups looking to communicate with their alumni populations, create templates for information distribution, provide content management and editing support, and work with the communications team to produce requested deliverables in a timely manner.
- Track the frequency, purpose, and click through/open rates of mailings.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level:
Education/Training: Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program. Candidates must have received a bachelor's degree from Duke University within the past year.
Experience: Work requires one year experience in marketing, advertising, media, promotions, graphic arts, public relations, sales, or other related background to acquire skills necessary to plan, develop and implement marketing strategies in one or more specialty areas. Evidence of sustained and increasing leadership in student organizations during student's undergraduate career will substitute for required experience. Demonstrated ability to connect with diverse groups of faculty, administrators, and undergraduate students. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and professional demeanor appropriate to working with undergraduate, graduate and professional students, faculty, administrators, parents, alumni, and trustees. Ability to excel as an independent and flexible worker who easily adapts to evolving university needs. Ability to maintain confidentiality. The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
1604 MARKETING SPECIALIST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year experience in marketing, advertising, media,promotions, graphic arts, public relations, sales, or other relatedbackground to acquire skills necessary to plan, develop and implementmarketing strategies in one or more specialty areas.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.